So officially Spring is supposed to start this Thursday.....
- There is a RRrumble deep in the jungle. Tom Purcell and Paul Tomes have been testing a new online radio station called Republic Radio and are ready to launch quite soon. They are both passionate Houtbayers so they have a lot to say about what's going on in the Republic. At the moment we don't have a schedule but they are often on in the mornings. In the meantime you can listen to some pretty good music 24 hours a day, go to www.RepublicRadio.co.za Click to listen and then select the player of your choice- it is that easy.
- Wednesday sees a very special Poetry Recital at Deli Delish: If you love animals, and conservation this will be a night to remember. http://www.viewfromheremagazine.com/2010/04/gary-albyn-poet-and-conservationist.html
- We were very pleased to hear that thanks to the amazing response Gabriella's has had - she has decided to open in the evening starting quite fittingly this Thursday. I have had a look at the specials- and they look quite mouth watering!
- The Bay Food and Wine Market- undeneath La Cuccina in Victoria Mall- have taken the decision to move from a Saturday day market to the more popular Evening Market format- which will take place on the first and third Friday of every month. There is a really good selection of gourmet food- as well as Boston Lager on tap and plenty of wine as well. This Friday they have a CD launch from acclaimed Spanish guitar duo Kubu Strings These guys are incredible- so its definitely worth your while to pop on down for a listen. This market has the opportunity to be a niche local market- it doesn't get as crowded as others, parking is easier and kids are well catered for. Do yourself a favour and support it.
- Matric Dance Party- Party like its the 80's! Fundraiser for Kronendal Primary- with sponsorship from Superspar- ensuring a 3-course meal, our favourite band The Crunch all for only R100 (If your Matric Dance was in the 70's you are still welcome- you know who you are!) Go to http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=264033710282229 Or book at the school 021 7902060
- The Bay Harbour Market still growing- we like them because of their social investment in their community. Love going down for a coffee on a Sunday morning and seeing what other temptations are there! Saturday and Sunday from 9am-4pm